As with all shopping websites, we collect personal information from you when you shop online at mumsoffice.co.uk
We use this information to make your shopping experience as easy and enjoyable as possible. We need it to process your order, inform you of any delays or problems and occasionally to send you special offers and promotions.
The information we collect is:
- Your name – so we know what to call you
- Email address – so we can email you order confirmations, delivery delays, offers etc
- Delivery address – an obvious one
- Telephone number – we’ll only call if we have a delivery problem
- Credit card details – we only ask for these when you place an order. We do not store your credit or debit card details. The information is only used to make and authorise your payment.
We use the latest secure server technology to ensure this information is protected to the highest standards. Our hosting is fully PCI compliant, meaning your data is safe and secure and our site adheres to the latest in security standards.
Protecting your order information is a priority for us. We make every effort to protect your online order information by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology and hosting our site in a highly secured environment. Communications between your browser and mumsoffice.co.uk secure server encrypt your confidential information during transmission, ensuring that your purchase stays private and protected.
Secure connections (often called SSL or Secure Sockets Layer) are the industry standard in Web security. It is used primarily for transmitting sensitive information over the internet. When you have a secure connection between your browser and a Web site, no one else can easily access the data that you send across the connection.
MUM's Office uses SSL to encrypt your preferred customer information to give you a high level of security. Occasionally, your browser might display a security alert to notify you that you are entering or leaving a secure connection. These alerts serve to tell you when MUM's Office is taking precautions to keep the information you supply (such as your password) secure while it travels from your computer to the new payment server.
We will never pass on your details on to a third party for marketing purposes.
The following are the only circumstances where we may share some of your data with others:
- With agents (including credit reference agencies, credit card clearing agencies, fraud prevention and detection agencies) that we use to process the orders you place with us or who assist us in the service we provide to you. In these instances, we provide them with only the information they need to perform their function.
- In the unlikely event that our business assets are ever sold to or purchased by another company. (Our data records are part of our business).
Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer. A cookie can be thought of as an Internet user's identification card. They let the website know when the user has returned. This lets the site bring up information relevant to that user, for example your name, past orders etc.
Cookies are not computer programs, and can't read other information saved on your hard drive. They cannot be used to disseminate viruses, or get a user's email address etc. They only contain and transfer to the website as much information as the users themselves have disclosed to that website.
Data Over The Internet
We use third-party service providers (Facebook and Google) to serve ads on our behalf across the internet and sometimes on this site. They may collect anonymous information about your visits to our Web site, and your interaction with our products and services. They may also use information about your visits to this and other Web sites to target advertisements for goods and services. This anonymous information is collected through the use of a pixel tag, which is industry standard technology used by most major websites. No personally identifiable information is collected or used in this process. They do not know the name, phone number, address, email address, or any personally identifying information about the user.